Mirror Chrome With Dip Powder
What is Mirror Chrome?
Our Mirror Chrome collection is a set of eight multi-function dip powders that give you a full glitter dip powder manicure when dipped, and a stunning mirror chrome effect when buffed onto a Tack-Free Gel Top Coat.
How to Chrome:
You can achieve the chrome effect with these simple steps . . .
1. Prep the nail as usual.
2. To add strength and durability to longer nails, dip into D75 Vivien (Clear) to begin. (This step is optional)
3. Apply a thin layer of Pro Base from base to tip.
4. Dip finger into your choice of powder and tap or brush off excess powder. (We suggest D7 Barbara for the most dramatic chrome effect)
5. Perform steps 3 and 4 twice to each nail.
6. Apply a generous amount of Activator covering the edges and capping the tips of the nail. Let that dry.
7. Shape and buff the nails with a file or drill.
8. Apply Tack-Free Gel Top Coat making sure to cover the entire nail.
9. Cure under a UV or LED light for 30 seconds.
10. Dip nails into your Mirror Chrome dip powder of choice.
11. Use a Chrome Buff Applicator to rub the powder into your nails.
12. Place your nails back under the UV or LED light for 30 seconds to finish curing.
13. Apply a second coat of Tack-Free Gel Top Coat and cure for 60 seconds.
Check out our full tutorial here!