Dip powder nails can help revive your basic nails by giving you the perfect manicure you crave quickly and at an affordable price.
Let's face it – frequent trips to the salon can be time-consuming and expensive. Fear not, because you can apply and remove dip powder nails right at home with a little practice!
1. Prep Nail-prepare by sanitizing hands and pushing cuticles back using the Revel Nail Cuticle Pusher. Use a fine drill bit or buffer/file to remove shine from nails.
2. Pro Base-Apply thin layer of Pro Base with even strokes from base to tip.
3. Dip Nail-Dip finger in a scooping motion. Brush or tap off excess powder. Repeat until each nail has two coats of powder
4. Activate-Apply a generous amount of activator covering the edges and capping the tips of the nails. Then, let dry for two minutes.
5. Buff & Shape-Shape nails with a file/drill to remove excess powder from the cuticle area. Smooth out nails with buffer, then rinse hands with water (no soap).
6. Activate- Apply a second coat of activator on all fingers. Wait one minute. Wipe dry with a lint-free paper towel.
7. Finish Gel-Apply Finish gel in 2-3 quick strokes. No need to get close to the cuticle area. After one minute, apply a slower and more detailed coat for the finish gel. Be sure to cap the edges.
1. File- Use a file to remove the shiny top coat of dip powder from the nail.
2. Spa Prep- Remove the base of the nail spa and fill the base part with warm water. Re-attach and place one cotton ball with 100% acetone in each of the five indents.
3. Place- Place fingers in indents and wait 7-10 minutes.
4. Wipe- Gently rub nails with the soaked cotton balls and wipe off the remaining dip powder.
5. Wait- If your dip powder is not fully removed, place fingers back in indents and continue waiting for it to soak off.
So, there you have it – the ultimate guide to applying and removing dip powder nails at home.
With just a few supplies and a little patience, you can achieve salon-quality nails in the comfort of your own home. Don't be afraid to experiment with different colors and techniques!
If you need a little extra inspiration, just hop on social media and search @RevelNail for more.